Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September Reading Challenge

I am so excited to announce our first reading challenge of the school year.  From now until October 1, I would like for my reading class to participate in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Read-a-Thon.


Students can go to wimpykid.com to find out how to enter the official contest.

For our reading class, I am asking the class to read ALL of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and pass the AR tests over them.  If students have already taken the AR tests, I will have them do another short quiz to prove they've reread the books.

On October 2, we will have our Reading Challenge Reward Day.  All students in my reading class who read the books and pass the AR tests (80% or better), will be treated to a Wimpy Kid Movie Party.  We will watch one of the 3 Wimpy Kid movies and enjoy a snack and drink.

Oh, and everyone who participates will be entered in a drawing.  I will giveaway 1 copy of the NEW Wimpy Kid book when it comes out in November.  


Sound like fun???

Books can be checked out from me, the LES library, the Goodnight Library, or purchased on your own.  Scholastic has great prices on the Wimpy Kid series. Plus, your order helps our class earn bonus points so we can get more books for our class!

It's all a Win - Win!

If you have questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Ready?

Set?

Read!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment