Friday, October 28, 2016

Five Minute Friday: Eat

I love Five Minute Friday so much that I have shared it with my students.  We've been "practicing" for a couple of weeks now.  They eagerly arrive to writing class each Friday asking, "Are we going to do Five Minute Friday?" or "What's our word this week?"  It makes this teacher's heart melt that they look forward to the writing prompt each week.

So, without further adieu, here is the first ever published prompts from my writing class!  Enjoy.


Eating food like protein helps you and your body. Last night, I had beef stew, its a stew with carrots, potatoes, meat, and I think that's it. White bread taste better than wheat bread, but wheat bread is better for you. Milk helps your muscles grow strong. Cheese is a dairy, it's also good, but if you eat to much of it you can get stopped up. One of my favorite foods to eat is hamburgers with ketchup or mayonnaise.
Written by Kylie


When I eat I like to be neat because it is nasty if you eat sloppy like a one year old. I like to eat hamburgers, spaghetti, tacos, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, mozzarella sticks and more I eat like a neat 21 year old half of the time I don't want to eat because I'm not hungry because of dinner I get full.
Written By; Dariyn


Eat is a word you use for when you put something in your mouth and swallow. One time i went to eat dinner with my friend. Like to eat pizza and my mom eats salad. I eat noodles sometimes because it is good. My dad eats  tacos. My brother eats peanut butter and jelly. A cafe a is a place where you eat.
Written by; Dylan


4 comments:

  1. hi natasha:) i'm your next door neighbor at fmf today. i enjoyed the notes your kids wrote about eating. very cute:) hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea to give your students the prompts for their writing. I enjoyed reading what they wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you are doing this with your class! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading what your students had to say about the word eat. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete